- VBRC Tools
- Virus Wiki
Welcome to the new cloud-based resource!
- Databases of viral genomic information (genes, gene families, and genomes)
- Software to perform comparative genomics analyses
- Each tool is described under the Tools Menu: see above
- Check out our Scoop.it online magazine: Viruses and bioinformatics ( link )
Check out some new features on Virology.ca:
- Updates to the Base-By-Base tool for analysis of multiple genome alignments
- Includes detailed SNP analysis
- Follow Twitter: @pox_papers for tweets on new poxvirus publications
- and @ASFV_papers for tweets on new ASFV publications
This Bioinformatics Resource (Virology.uvic.ca) focuses on large DNA viruses:
To access the databases and tools, users need an account on Virology.ca. Don’t panic! It’s free and simple, just click register (top right of sidebar) and create a new account if you need one. This is simply to help us keep better track of the usage of our programs so we can better target future development. For more information, email cupton at uvic dot ca.
Our goal is described here; in brief, this site is provided to help with your research! If you use this resource, you must cite the relevant papers, which are found on the individual tool pages (publication list), and please consider collaborative publications.
The Viral Bioinformatics Resource software is published under the GNU General Public License version 3
05.20.18 Teaching Bioinformatics
Who's Online17 visitors online now8 guests, 9 bots, 0 members