- VBRC Tools
- Virus Wiki
Running Python Scripts
- First go to http://www.python.org/getit/ to download and install Python 2.7.3.
- Now download the scripts you plan on using. Running the script entails placing a copy of the script, plus a copy of the input file into the same directory.
- Now open Terminal and navigate to that directory. If your folder was named ‘genome analysis’ and located on the desktop, the command to navigate to the appropriate folder would look something like this:
- cd /Users/username/Desktop/genome analysis
- From this directory (where you’ve placed your script and input fasta) you would then enter a command like this:
- python snip.py -i input.fasta -o output.fasta -f